recipes. whatever is true. adoption. whatever is just. redemption. whatever is honorable. modesty. whatever is pure. motherhood. whatever is lovely. think about it.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Of Buzzlebees & Such...

Little bubby says the funniest things in the most serious way. I am going to post it here for fear that I won't remember it as time goes by!

He told me in a very 'no-nonsense' fashion that it was dangerous to be outside 'cause the "buzzlebees" might get you.

He asked his brother if he would mind "scooping" over for more room on the seat.

During a lunch out with grandma this week he prayed over the meal. With eyes closed tight and hands folded he prayed (loudly), "Dear Jesus...thank you for this food. Help me not to spit in it."

After a most disobedient afternoon, I found him in tears... When I asked what was wrong he retorted, "I just need a spanking and you haven't given it to me."

It was time for bed and after a story and a snuggle, I tucked him down under the covers and whispered quietly, "Close your eyes...it's time for sleep"...to which he replied very seriously in a matched whisper, "If I close down my eyes I won't be able to see anything."


To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are funny!