recipes. whatever is true. adoption. whatever is just. redemption. whatever is honorable. modesty. whatever is pure. motherhood. whatever is lovely. think about it.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Power of Persuasion


Yesterday the boys and I found Hi Ho Cherri-O in excellent condition at the thrift store. We have yet to own this particular board game and they were pleased as punch. So, in the past twenty four hours I have played HHC about sixteen-eleven times. This afternoon my oldest and I were playing, yet again, and I began to crave cherries. The longer we played...the more I wanted them. I could taste them and began thinking up creative ways that I would fix them into a delectable dessert.

A few minutes later when youngest woke up...we were off to Meijer to buy cherries. This evening I fixed a lovely pie and thought I would blog about it. Jeepers...it's a good thing we weren't playing Operation. I might have an overwhelming urge to get a little plastic surgery.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You're funny...hope the pie was good.

Anonymous said...

HI HO CHERRY-O !!!!!!! That was my all time favorite game when I was little. I played it all the time. A couple other favorites were Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders. And then there were some basic matching games and such....ah, memories. Hope we can see you soon Angel. I think of you every time I wear my blue hoodie you got me. Thanks! :) Have a blessed week. -Meghan