recipes. whatever is true. adoption. whatever is just. redemption. whatever is honorable. modesty. whatever is pure. motherhood. whatever is lovely. think about it.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Challenge

I decided to challenge myself in the kitchen this week. I took a budget of approximately $45-$50 and made our menu plan for the week. I still had items from last week left over and wanted to see if we could do it! It took me about 20 minutes total to grocery shop because of the minimal groceries. That was a bonus! The following is my grocery list and 7 day menu plan for our family of four. Enjoy!


FOOD GROCERY LIST

CHICKEN BREAST BAG FROZEN

SLICED CHEESE

BUTTER

ONE CAN JUICE CONCENTRATE

ONE GALLON VIT D MILK

1 LBS GROUND TURKEY

1 BOX CLEMINTINES

4 BLOCKS CHEESE

APPLESAUCE 1 JARS

SOUR CREAM 16 OZ

CREAM CHEESE 2 BLOCKS

BREAD (2 LOAVES)

1 CAN DICED TOMATOES

KIDNEY BEANS *3 SMALL CANS

ENCHILADA SAUCE

7 DAY MENU PLAN


SATURDAY:

B: COLD CEREAL/TOAST; JUICE/MILK; FRIED HAM

L: GRILLED CHEESE; APPLESAUCE; PEAS

D: TURKEY BURGERS; BAKED POTATOE SLICES, APPLE DUMPLINGS, SALAD

SUNDAY:

B: PANCAKES; SAUSAGE/ JUICE; MILK

L: HOMEMADE PIZZA/ SALAD/ RANCH DRESSING

D: CHICKEN TENDERS; MASHED POTATOES; GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE/ ROLLS/ APPLE PIE

MONDAY:

B: HOT CEREAL; CINAMMON RAISIN BREAD; JUICE/MILK

L: $25 OUT TO EAT LUNCHEON WITH FRIENDS

D: LEFTOVERS

TUESDAY:

B: EGGS, SAUSAGE/ TOAST; MILK/JUICE

L; CHILI W/ TORTILLA CHIPS; SALAD ; CLEMINTINES

D: CHICKEN CREAMED CASSEROLE; RICE; COOKED CARROTS; ROLLS, APPLESAUCE

WEDNESDAY:

B: CREAM OF WHEAT; HOMEMADE BREAD; MILK/JUICE

L: PB& J SANDWHICHES ON WHEAT; FRUIT CUPS;

D: BAKED POTATOE BACON N’ CHEESE SOUP; CRACKERS; GREEN BEANS

THURSDAY:

B: HOT OATMEAL/ FROZEN FRUIT SMOOTHIES; CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD

L: MAC N’ CHEESE; PEAS; APPLESAUCE; CHRISTMAS COOKIES

D: ENCHILADA CHICKEN CASSEROLE; MEX RICE; SALAD; CLEMINTINES

FRIDAY:

B: BLUEBERRY MUFFINS; SCRAMBLED EGGS; MILK/JUICE

L: GRILLED CHEESE; CORN; CELERY & PB SLICES W/ RAISINS

D: SPAGHETTI & MEATBALLS; SALAD; GARLIC BREAD BISCUITS

SATURDAY:

B: WAFFLES; MIXED FRUIT; JUICE/MILK/ SYRUP

L: FRIED CHICKEN; POTATOE PANCAKES; CORN CASSEROLE; ROLLS

D: SLOPPY JOES; PRETZELS/CHEESE; SALAD; CHOC CHIP COOKIES





9 comments:

Stylin said...

Thats great planning!!!
I introduced you to my blogging friends today!
I noticed you have Way of the Master on you favorite links,we are starting this course in our Sunday School class this year!

Kathy said...

Wow, you are really organized to be able to plan out your meals like that. I should try it sometime.

bp said...

Good idea.

I need to get in the habit of planning the weekly meals.

WomanHonorThyself said...

yum!..I'm writing a food post too today..smile~!

Stylin said...

Hi again
You get even better as a blogging friend !
My thrift store has .99 cent days and thats when I shop there !!The local mall donates clothes to them sometimes so I have made up a great collection of athletic clothes.
I buy all my running shoes on ebay or on sale and I think $50.00 is the most I have ever spent on shoes !I' m kinda frugal(normally)!!!
I have a blog dedicated to my "cheap" outfits.You may have to go into archives as I have been too lazy to take pictures recently so all I have been doing is blog about trends.The website is www.vintagebunny.blogspot.com

Stylin said...

Now all you have to say is that you love Indian food and I'll know this is a God thing!!!I' m joking,everything in my life is a God thing!!!
I' m Indian

Vintage Bunny said...

This is frasypoo again!
This is my clothes blog i.d.
Its amazing is' nt it!!!
My grandfather,uncles were all missionaries in India.My father and his two brothers started our little church.My uncle who is a Muslim convert has a missionary organisation in India.
I' m from Bangalore

The Nester said...

PLEASE keep talking about this stuff. I really need to hear it and be reminded. I am going right now to evaluate my fridge, freezer and pantry! I'm going for the $50 challenge!

Thanks!

Leah said...

I am really enjoying your meal plans, Angel! They look like things I would serve my own family. And it doesn't appear that you're skimping either. Good job!